A Partnership for Progress
We'd like to invite you to join our partnership to promote and advance the goals and objectives of the pest management industry. A unique cooperative effort exists between the Virginia Pest Management Association (VPMA), the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and the local association in your region. You will be joining three strong associations with a multitude of programs and benefits that will help you accomplish your business goals. Our strong belief in this partnership lead us to require companies to join all three associations, which has lead to a powerful mix of benefits and provides a variety of services to all of our PMP members.
VPMA benefits will be outlined below. For information on NPMA and local association benefits and events, please go to each Association's website. Click on the links below to visit each site.
Tidewater Pest Control Association
Central Virginia Pest Management Association
Southwest Virginia Pest Management Association
NOVA Pest Control Association
VPMA Information Central Hotline: VPMA 877/875-8722
The Executive Staff of the VPMA can be reached toll-free at 877-875-8722 and are equipped to help you wade through regulatory requirements, work with Virginia specific news events, and educational opportunities.
Publicize Your Company's Professional Commitment
Members are entitled to display the logos of all three associations on business cards, corporate letterhead, vehicles, and advertisements, which If you are currently a member, sign into the Members' Only section of this website to download VPMA Logo image files.
Presence on the Web
VPMA's website provides a wealth of information to both PMPs and consumers. The webiste it organized into three main sections:
- The About VPMA section provides information regarding the Association's Mission & Vision, Organizatinoal Documents, and lists of the leadership of the Association.
- The Consumer Information section provides homeowners and the general public find VPMA member companies to assist them with their pest management issues. Homeowners buying or selling a home can access a list of VPMA Certified WDI Inspectors who are trained to conduct a thorough and accurate Wood Destroying Insect report (known as a Termite Letter or NPMA-33 form). They can also find a list of highly trained PMPs who have earned their VPMA Master Technician designation. Consumers facing an issue they can't resolve with the pest management company can take advantage of VPMA's Conflict Resolution Program. Pest prevention tips and other useful articles can also be found in this section.
- The Pest Professional Information section gives an overview of benefits enjoyed by our members, provides lists of our members and leadership, encourages members to get involved in the election process by voting and/or running for a seat on the Board of Directors. PMPs or vendors wanting to join can access membership applications. PMPs can also access industry-wide resources through the resources, industry certifications and advocacy tabs. Timely news about PMPs, Allied members and the industry are also provided in this section.
In addition, a link to VPMA's current Facebook post can be found and PMPs can find information about upcomming events.
Your Voice in Washington...
And in Virginia
VPMA and NPMA lobby on behalf of the industry to ensure your concerns as a pest management professional are heard. NPMA is the only entity that represents our industry before the U.S. Congress and federal agencies, such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Labor, HUD, Department of Transportation, and the Federal Trade Commission.
NPMA's government affairs staff also tracks Virginia legislation, regulatory changes and policy related media, and coordinates this information with VPMA's state association leadership. VPMA and NPMA also work together to develop legislative strategy, talking points, and position papers that members can use to influence their state representatives.
VPMA maintains a productive relationship with our state regulators at the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. VPMA attends every Pesticide Control Board (PCB) meeting to monitor any regulatory issues that might affect our industry. VPMA also works closely with the PCB and the staff of the Office of Pesticide Services to develop programs that can unite our effort to promote regulatory compliance
Your Source for Pest Management Training and Education
VPMA has made providing members with cutting-edge education a high priority. Several VPMA educational programs have been developed that not only assist members in performing their jobs more effectively, but also have made an impact outside of our industry.
- The VPMA Certified WDI Inspector Program has prompted Realtors and homeowners to hire VPMA Certified WDI Inspectors for real estate transfers.
- The Professional Pretreat Workshop was developed in part because VDACS has stated that this area of our industry will be a high priority for their department, with education and enforcement efforts driving a change in this market.
- The VPMA Master Technician provides technicians with in-depth, hands-on training using state-of-the art microscopes and investigates five major pest groups - Ants, Termites, Occasional Invaders and Rodents & Cockroaches.
- The VPMA State Technical Meeting gives practical, technical information to help you better manage your business, perform your services more effectively and be more profitable while you are at it
- VPMA Jeffrey M Johnson ACE Prep Course and Exam this training assists PMPs who are working to earn their Associate Certified Entomologist certification through the Entomological Society of America.
Communicating with Our Members
VPMA's PMP Reporter Keep you Informed
Stay on top of the latest industry research and trends with VPMA's the PMP Reporter, a quarterly newsletter featuring valuable technical information, Virginia legislative and regulatory updates, small business features, association news, and more.
The Bottom Line: Increased Profits
When you join this Association Partnership you add more resources to your company's operations that you might not otherwise be able to afford or justify. These are resources that you can use to increase sales and customer satisfaction while reducing operational expenses and problems. As a joint member of VPMA, NPMA and your regional association you have access to a wide variety of important tools, expert advice and unique benefits that you can use to run your business more efficiently and productively to become more profitable.